Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Poetry

It's National Poetry Writing month. I had the pleasure of attending an open mic event that featured Spoken Word extraordinaire Marc Marcel. To say the least, I left inspired so I decided to take on the challenge of a poem a day for the month of April. Can I do it? We'll see. So without further ado, here's today's poem.

Words flow through my bloodstream
Creativity seeps through my pores
Inspiration strikes like a lightning bolt
And moves my pen across the page
This need
Engulfs me
Surrounds me
Feeds me
This need to inject my verse in this world
Occupies my every thought
Takes over everything
Until there's nothing left
I have to get it all out
Leave it all on the page
Until there is nothing left to be said
I must keep going
My mind working faster than my hand
And then
Just as quickly as it appeared
The muse leaves me
Breathless
Wanting
Shell of a poet
Waiting to be struck again

No comments:

Post a Comment